I was inspired to fry these pork chops in my skillet while brainstorming ways to use my Pork Rinds from Epic. These pork rinds are just any bag of pork rinds that you will find at the grocery store! The pork skins are from pigs raised without antibiotics! Epic actually creates many more pork products, like their meat bars, filled with grass-fed beef, bison, venison and some salmon! This company is amazing for their high standards and living up to their philosophy! You can view more of the Epic products by clicking on the hyperlink!
Now, I used the thin boneless pork chops that are about a pound total. You can definitely use a thicker cut and flatten it with a meat mallet! I prefer the thinner ones, because they cook fast, and I am ALL about cooking fast! Since these cook so fast, I like to pair them with a cook side, like sautéed zucchini and yellow squash! You can use any side or lay on top of a bed of greens or zucchini noodles!
I’m getting hungry typing this, let’s get started!
- 1 1/3 cup of Epic Pork Rinds (Sea salt and black pepper kind)
- 1/3 cup of almond flour
- 1 egg
- 1 tsp. of Paleo Powder all purpose seasoning (Or use sea salt, black pepper, and garlic powder).
- 1 Tbs. of rendered bacon fat (or another form of animal fat that can sustain high heat)
- In a large mixing bowl, crush the pork rinds until they are more of a consistency of flour. Then add the almond flour and the all purpose seasoning (or substitute spices), and mix till evenly distributed.
- In a smaller mixing bowl, crack the egg and whisk together.
- Dip a pork chop in the egg and then in the pork rind mixture, making sure to coat all sides. Set aside and coat the rest of the pork chops.
- Next, heat up your cast iron skillet on medium-high heat and add your bacon fat (or other source of fat).
- Once the fat is melted and coating all of the cast iron skillet, add the pork chops and cook for 4 minutes on each side. You are looking for a golden brown crisp look!
- Once they are done, serve with your favorite side and enjoy!