I LOVE frittata’s, because they are so easy to add variety too, but simple at the same time! Love for frittata’s number 2- they are a quick breakfast meal and also a quick protein source for a post workout! (Yes, you can eat a frittata in the middle of the day or even the afternoon!)
This recipe is super simple, I add red bell pepper, onions, mushrooms, seasoning, coconut milk, and eggs, and that is it! Then it’s fiesta time in your mouth! 😉
- 1 small red bell pepper, diced
- 1 small green bell pepper, diced
- 1/3 cup of yellow onion, diced
- ½ cup of mushroom, chopped
- 8 eggs
- ¼ cup coconut milk
- 1 tablespoons of ghee
- 2 teaspoons garlic powder
- 2 teaspoons chili powder
- 1 teaspoon cumin
- ¼ teaspoon ground cayenne pepper
- ½ teaspoon paprika
- ½ teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon black pepper
- Preheat the oven to 375 degrees.
- Heat a skillet on medium heat and add the ghee. Add the onions, bell peppers, and mushrooms to the skillet and cook for 3-4 minutes.
- In a large bowl, add the eggs, coconut milk, and spices and mix together.
- Coat a pie dish with olive oil or coconut oil to prevent the frittata from sticking and add the veggie mixture to the dish. Evenly spread the mixture.
- Pour the eggs over the veggie mixture and cook in the oven for 20 minutes.
- Set aside and allow to cool for about 2 minutes then serve and enjoy!