Turmeric seems to be the forgotten spice/root these days, which is a shame! The root has great medicinal benefits, like anti-inflammatory and increased antioxidants! There is also research done proven that it can help prevent/treat cancer, and more!
If the great benefits do not convince you to try this spice out, then take my word for it that it is surprisingly tasteful and should be experimented with! I have added this spice to sauteed chicken and vegetables, and both turned out so great (and a little yellow)!
This reminds me, a warning! The color of this spice is super powerful! It will stain your clothes, nails, or anything else it gets on! I actually got it on my gel nails, and it changed them from blue to green!!! I then “Google” how to remove this, and found a post on removing it with rubbing alcohol….it worked!
Try this delicious and healthy spice out for dinner using my recipe below. I promise, you will be pleasantly surprised!
Turmeric Roasted Cauliflower
Serves: 3-4/ Time: 35 minutes
- 1 head of cauliflower, cut into florets
- 2 tablespoons of coconut oil
- 1 teaspoon of turmeric powder
- 1/2 teaspoon of ground cinnamon
- 1/2 teaspoon of sea salt
- Pre-heat the oven to 375°F. Line a baking sheet with parchment paper and place the florets on top of it.
- In a small bowl, melt the coconut oil in the microwave and evenly pour over the florets.
- In a separate small bowl, mix the turmeric, cinnamon, and salt together. Using your fingers, evenly distribute this over the florets.
- Place in the oven and cook for 30 minutes.
- Serve hot and enjoy!!