Like most of my recipes, this breakfast sausage recipe is also quick and simple! I like to keep my breakfast sausage in crumbles, so that way I can mix it in an omelet or throw it in a hash, but you can make patties with these and store in the fridge!
This recipe does have some “kick” to it, when it comes to the spice, but it’s not overwhelmingly spicy. If you are really sensitive to spicy foods and do not like it, just remove the red pepper flakes and tone down the amount of black pepper.
Make this recipe for a brunch, double the recipe, and store in your fridge for a quick protein on your busy mornings!
Serves: 3-4/ Time: 15-20 minutes
- 1 Lb. of high quality Ground Pork/Turkey
- 1 Tbs. of Ground Fennel Seeds (grind fennel seed in a mortar/food processor, if you cannot find it pre-ground)
- 2 Tbs. of Garlic Powder
- 2 Tbs. of Dried Sage
- 1/2 Tsp. of Black Pepper
- 1/2 Tsp. of Sea Salt
- 1/2 Tsp. of Crushed Red Pepper Flakes
- 1 Tsp. of cooking fat (whole 30 compliant) * For patties, use 1 Tbs. of cooking fat
- Mix all the spices together in a small bowl and set aside.
- Heat a large skillet on medium heat and add the cooking fat.
- Add the ground pork and crumble it with a cooking utensil. * If making patties, combine the pork and spices in a bowl and make small patties before adding to the skillet.
- Once the pork is crumbled, sprinkle the spices over the pork and mix it all together in the skillet.
- Cook the pork mixture for about 15 minutes (or until brown), stirring often. *Patties, flip every 5 minutes, or until you reach an internal temperature of 160°F.
- Serve as a side with your favorite breakfast or throw it in an omelet with veggies, and enjoy!