Friends! Get ready to be amazed by the flavor this dish brings and it requires no effort at all! In the title, I headlined the Delicata Squash and Stone Ground Mustard Sauce, because they steal the show! I did stuff the squash with some leftover pulled pork from my “Shredded Pork Jicama Tacos” recipe, but you could definitely stuff this squash with any choice of meat!
If you find some Delicata Squash at your local grocery store, I recommend buying a bunch of them, because they are small and go fast! The inside flavor is kind of sweet and buttery. Perhaps, a mix between acorn squash and butternut squash! The Stone-Ground Mustard Sauce provides some “zing” to the mix that really enhances the sweet bites you get from the squash. Such a great pair!
- 2 cups of leftover pulled pork from Pork Jicama Tacos recipe
- 3 Delicata squashes halved long ways and de-seeded
- 1/2 cup of Stone-Ground Mustard (make sure it does not have any added sugar in it)
- 1 tablespoon of raw honey (omit if on Whole 30)
- 1/2 teaspoon of cayenne pepper
- 2 tablespoons of cooking fat
- Sea salt and black pepper for taste
- Pre-heat your oven to 400°F. While the oven is preheating, cut the squash in half long-ways, and remove all seeds from the center. Get 1 tablespoon of melted cooking fat (I used Ghee/clarified butter), and rub it on the inside of the squashes. Season them with sea salt and black pepper and place on baking sheet where the flesh is facing up. Allow this to cook for about 30 minutes.
- Meanwhile, we can make the sauce! In a small mixing bowl, combine the stone-ground mustard, honey, and cayenne pepper together. Then, set aside–that simple!
- If your pulled pork is leftovers, then heat the other tablespoon of cooking fat in a large skillet on medium heat. Once melted, add the pulled pork and stir often till the pork is reheated, about 8-10 minutes. If you’re using pork that you cooked that day, then all you have to do is shred the pork and set aside!
- Once the squash is soft and a little golden-brown, you can stuff the squash with the pulled pork.
- Next, I take a tablespoon of the mustard sauce and top my stuffed pulled pork delicata squash with it!