My “Skillet Rosemary Potatoes” are the ultimate comfort and “yummmm” dish! With that being said, be careful to not over indulged on it! If you find yourself wanting seconds, first ask yourself if you’re hungry for protein and take a big sip of water. If you answered yes, then get yourself some more protein with a few potatoes! 😊
Sometimes my body just craves starch, and that’s usually after a few days of intense workouts. These potatoes are also Whole 30 compliant, but like the book says, I would errrr on the side of consuming these everyday for every meal!
A plus side, they are very simple and fast to make! Last night, It was a side to my delicious grilled steak and Brussels Sprouts. This morning, after my “Booty Blaster” of a workout, I re-cooked the leftovers and paired it with my fried eggs and bacon! It did not disappoint!
- 15-20 Red Potatoes, cut into quarters. (I use the ones that are on the smaller side)
- 1/3 cup of Olive Oil (or, if you have W30 compliant Bacon grease! 🤤)
- 2 Teaspoons of Sea Salt
- 1 Teaspoon of ground Black Pepper
- 1 Sprig of Fresh Rosemary or 2 teaspoons.
- Heat a large skillet, that has a lid, on medium high heat. Add the olive oil and allow it to heat for about 2 minutes.
- Once the olive oil is heated, add the quartered potatoes to the skillet and lower to medium.
- Season with 1 teaspoon of the sea salt and all of the black pepper.
- Cover and cook for about 15-17 minutes or until the potatoes are soft in the center. Stir occasionally allowing different sides of the potatoes to cook.
- Once they are soft, uncover and raise the heat to a medium-high. Add the rest of the sea salt, the rosemary, and stir frequently for about 5 minutes or until they get nice and toasty on the sides! How toasted they get is really a preference. So if you like them extra crispy then keep them in there a little longer!