This recipe is a mouthful, but is simple to put together and is done within 3 hours! In the featured picture, I made a Chicken Chile Verde salad out of it by sauté some yellow bell peppers, adding diced tomatoes, sliced avocados, and topped on a bed of arugala! The chicken was so juicy and flavorful that I didn’t have to use a dressing. I just added a squeeze of lime juice from a sliced lime and it was bursting with flavor!
This recipe makes extra, so you could save the rest and do some Shredded Chicken Chile Verde tacos, Plaintain Nachos, or stuff a yellow bell pepper topped with cilantro! You could have some much fun with the Shredded Chicken Chile Verde! My favorite part, is that it didn’t heat up my whole house. I really appreciate any meals in my slow cooker as we get closer to summer here in South, TX! 🙂
Let’s get started!
Serves: 4 (with extra)/ Cooking time: 3 hours
- 2 pounds of chicken breasts
- 2 cans of diced green chile
- 1 pablano pepper, sliced into strips
- 1/2 small white onion, sliced into half-moons
- 1/4 cup of chicken broth
- 1 tablespoon of garlic powder
- 1 teaspoon of cumin
- 1 teaspoon of sea salt
- 1/2 teaspoon of pepper
- Place the sliced pablano pepper and onions at the bottom of the slow cooker.
- Place the chicken breasts on top of the pablano slices and onions.
- Then sprinkle the garlic powder, cumin, sea salt, and pepper over the chicken.
- Next, pour both cans of the diced green chile evenly over the chicken breasts and then cook on low for 3 hours. The chicken should reach an internal temperature of 165°F.