I picked up some brisket from the farmers market this past weekend at Pearl Neighborhood in San Antonio, TX and was super excited about having antibiotic grass-fed brisket! I also bought the “Mexican Chorizo” and I am STOKED to try it. I will be making a breakfast hash with it. So stay tuned for that one! 🙂
Anyways, the BBQ pit is super foreign to me and is not my strongest point when it comes to cooking. So, I decided to put it in a slow cooker! I covered it with some yellow onions and threw in some cut up carrots, that I also got from the farmers market!. The cut that I purchased was right under 2 pounds and was also super lean so I cooked it on low for 3 hours. If you purchase a bigger cut with lots of fat, then you will want to increase your cooking time to maybe 5-6 hours. I seasoned it with some sea salt and pepper and that was it. It is simple and juicy, so let’s get started!
- 2 pounds of brisket
- 1 cup of beef broth
- 1/2 of a yellow onion cut into half moon slices
- 3 large carrots, chopped to an inch thick
- sea salt and pepper to taste
- Poured the beef broth in the crock pot and placed the onion at the bottom.
- Then, season the whole brisket with sea salt and pepper and place into the crock pot.
- Place the chopped carrots on the side of the brisket.
- Cook on low for 3 hours!
In the picture below, I also prepared some roasted broccoli and roasted sweet potatoes, with some Yukon gold potatoes that needed to be eaten! You could really serve any side with this or make a Paleo broccoli salad/potato salad with it!