Hey there Friends! If you are local to the Rockport area, you should really check out my A.B.C. (All ‘Bout Conditioning) class that is every Monday & Wednesday at 6:15pm., located at Zeph’s Gym! This class offers a great combination of conditioning through HIIT, Tabata, and other forms of conditioning, while working on the foundational movements. Most of the workouts just require your body! Occasionally, I will throw a weight in the mix, but it is usually kettlebells, plates, or wall balls. The workout below has a kettlebell included, but the rest is all body weight! Check out the workout below, and if you would like to condition with the rest of us at Zeph’s Gym, come check the class out!
Tabata Style: 5 Tabata’s with a 1 minute rest in between.
- Tabata #1- Running man lunges (stay on one leg for 4 reps and then switch to other leg). Rest for 1 minute
- Tabata #2- Burpees. Rest for 1 minute
- Tabata #3- Plank holds. Rest for 1 minute
- Tabata #4- Kettlebell swings. (Pick a weight that is going to allow you to crank out 13-17 swings within the 20 second timeframe). Rest for 1 minute.
- Tabata #5- Quick feet (Aka, sprinting as fast you can in one spot while pumping your arms. Think football player drills. 🙂 )
*** This should be a 25 minute workout. I recommend using the “Tabata Pro” app on your phone. This app. will allow you to enter the 5 Tabata’s, with the 1 minute, and will have the count down. So that way you do not have to try to keep up with rounds and the timing while you’re resting. Now, get to work! 🙂