Salads used to be a really boring side dish before I started having fun in the kitchen. Now, they are a convenient, but delicious way for me to combine a whole bunch of nutrients into one bowl! The real key to an amazing salad is the salad dressing. In the picture above, I whipped up a light summer-inspired salad with a and a strawberry-walnut vinaigrette dressing. For the dressing, you can use any type of berry or some crushed up pomegranate seeds. Let’s get started!
- Organic spring-mix salad blend
- 1/2 cup of sliced strawberries
- 1/2 cup of whole blackberries
- 1/4 cup of blueberries
- 1/4 cup of walnut
- 1/4 cup of sliced cherry tomatoes- halved
- 1/4 cup of chopped cucumbers
- 1/2 cup of shredded carrots
Combine all the ingredients in a big salad bowl.
- 1/2 cup of fresh sliced strawberries
- 1/4 cup of apple cider vinegar
- 2 tablespoons of chopped walnuts
- 1 tablespoon of local honey
- 1 teaspoon of minced fresh cilantro
- 1/4 cup of extra-virgin olive oil
In a Vitamix or food processor, blend the strawberries, vinegar, walnuts, honey, and cilantro. Place in a small bowl. Drizzle the olive oil in a steady stream while whisking steadily to emulsify. Adjust the taste with salt and pepper.