This warm sunny day has me craving foods that nourish my body, but do not weigh me down! I hope all you ‘Zeph’s Gym friends’, that sampled this salad enjoyed it and please feel free to give me your feedback when you bring my jar back.. hint, hint! 😉
Get to choppin’ !
Prep: 20 minutes- Serves: 4-5
- 1/4 cup coconut aminos
- 1/4 cup fresh orange juice
- 2 TBS extra-virgin olive oil
- 1 TBS of minced garlic
- 1 1/4 tsp of ground ginger
- 1 tsp of salt
- 1/2 tsp of black pepper
- 1/4 tsp of cayenne pepper
Directions: Mix all of the ingredients for the dressing together and set-aside. I recommend putting it all in a small jar and shaking it up!
- 4 cups of shredded green cabbage
- 4 cups of shredded red cabbage
- 2 cups of snow peas, trimmed
- 1 cup of shredded carrots
- 3 green onions sliced
- 3 cups of shredded chicken
- 1/4 cup of toasted sliced almonds
- 2 TBS of toasted sesame seeds
Directions: Toast the almonds and sesame seeds on low-medium heat for about 5 minutes. You will want to stir and toss frequently to cook on both sides. You are wanting the almonds to get a golden brown color. Meanwhile, combine all of the salad ingredients together. Once the almonds and sesame seeds are done toasting combine to the salad bowl and then pour the dressing over the top. Mix all the salad and dressing mixture together and serve immediately! You will want to eat this within a day or two as the salad mixture tends to lose it’s ‘freshness’ quality.